2.4 liter turbo motor

What would be the cause of this engine spitting oil into the aircleaner? Other than that, everything runs fine.

Reply to
Carsigliere

Typically a pressurized crankcase, perhaps due to problems with PCV valve, head gaskets, valve stem seals, heads, or piston rings.

Reply to
Steve Stone

What he said, plus, if the engine's been neglected as far as oil changes go, you might also want to check for any blockage in the PCV hose. I've seen them blocked solid with carbonated oil mist due to dirty, oxidized oil. What's your oil consumption like?

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Reply to
Carsigliere

Weird! I'd double check the PCV, make sure you're getting vacuum at the valve and make sure the grommet is creating a tight seal. Spitting it back into the air cleaner through the intake breather is usually

99% the sign of a non-functioning PCV valve or plugged hose. At 19K miles, I'm not betting on a clogged hose, unless you've never changed the oil!
Reply to
DeserTBoB

Reply to
William S. Hubbard

Besides the obvious suspicion of PCV problems mentioned by others, you could have a bad seal in the turbo unit allowing oil to blow into the intake side. How many miles on this unit? I'm not personally familiar with the Chrysler turbos, but on some vehicle brands, some oil leakage from the turbo unit (into the intake) is normal, especially if it has some miles on it (hardened seal, shaft/bearing end play, etc.). If that's the case, you could just live with it since apparently there's not major leakage (no significant consumption). But you might keep a good eye on your oil level from now on in case it suddenly gets worse (at which time you'd replace the turbo unit).

Bill Putney

Reply to
Carsigliere