2.4l 4cyl - is it an interference engine?

I am about to change the head gasket on my 1998 caravan with the 2.4l

4cyl and want to know if this is an interference engine. I've read conflicting answers.
Reply to
jcs444dixmyth

Gates company has a chart somewhere on their website (they make timing belts)

Why not just treat it like an interference engine? In other words, paint indicator marks on the timing pulleys and the belt, and do what you can not to spin the crank or cam while the head is off the engine?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

(give it time to download) Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my address with the letter 'x')

Reply to
Bill Putney

Free wheeling valve train

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech