2.5l Turbo Timing Positioning

Hi Everyone I have a Dodge Daytona with the 2.5 Turbo SOHC. I need to set the timing I just did a Head gasket and my chilton manual isnt showing me the positioning of the crank shaft. I know the middle 2 sprockets have arrows that have to point at each other and the cam shaft has a oval cut out that supposed to be pointing up. Can someone tell me the positioning or maybe find a picture online to show me this? for I have failed. Philip

Reply to
PhilipLowran

Phil, when you set the timing belt, the intermediate shaft (that drives the distributor) has a mark such as this - that is supposed to line up with the other mark on the crankshaft (-) the cam has 2 arrows that are supposed to line up with the camshaft bearing caps (straight across) making sure the hole in the cam sprocket is straight up. If you line the cam marks with the hole down.......it will be 180 degrees out.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower