2.6l Mitsubishi motor question

I'm replacing the motor in my 85 Voyager (trying to get it to run till it's

20 years old). The engine I'm taking out was a rebuilt and at that time they had eliminated the silent shaft and counter balance. The better but older engine I'm putting in has the silent shaft but the guides for the counter balance chain need replacing. If I simply eliminated the silent shaft and use the same set up on this engine as the (no good) rebuilt ( small chain to oil pump), would there be any other modifications to do? Was the silent shaft set-up simply to avoid vibrations and is it common on timing chain engines?

Thanks

JML snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Take off thehat to reply

Reply to