2.7 Oil Sludge Problem

Heh heh! Check out the author of post no. 14 in that thread - and you can see what my Concorde looks like.

Yeah - the welts on mine came apart and I replaced them about three years ago. Water won't get in your headlights without them. They're just aeshetic trim

Bill Putney

Nice looking Concorde. Good to know that it is fine without the welts. I guess I will leave the Le Bra on to hide the problem.

Before buying the car, I informed the dealer of a problem with the car steering wheel "shimming" at around 65mph. It does not happen at lower speeds. Someone said the tires may need to be balanced and rotated. Before buying the car, I told the dealer, and he said he would take care of it for us. He is going to do this and replace the left front and back speakers on the car for me later next week.

Have you ever had this happen to your car?

Bill Putney wrote:

Reply to
webmaster

Thanks.

The shimmying may be a tire or tire balance problem like you said. Also, if that doesn't take care of it, the inner tie rod bushings (where the tie rods attach to the steering gear) definitely wear out on these cars. Aftermarket kit is around $20-30. The bushings are 2-piece so you don't need a press to install them like the 1-piece OEM parts. Also check outer tie rods.

Bill Putney

I will ask for the dealer to inspect the inner tie rod bushings and the outer tie rods. If there is a problem and they won't fix them for me, I will look into an aftermarket kit and ask a local mechanic to install them.

Many thanks aga>

Reply to
webmaster