2000 3.8L T&C Throwing It's Belt

Twice in the past two months it's thrown the serpentine belt. Tensioner moves normally and the belt doesn't appear glazed. What should I be looking for?

The only contributing factor could be water splash from a puddle...but the splash guard is still in place so I'm not sure that's a part of it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Smith

I haven't seen this question come up in a long time, but it used to appear quite often. I believe the answer is some problem with the idler pulley being out of plane - requires replacement or shiming or something. Do a Google search on this ng and you should find the answer several times (or some nice person who really knows the answer will post it).

Bill Putney

Reply to
maxpower

I had seven belts replaced, they replaced the belt tensioner 2 times, replaced the AC compressor once a pulley then they went to a tech service bulletin for a 1999 Chrysler that told them to replace the main bracket that bolts to the engine part number 4612412. That worked been good since June of

Reply to
jim cronin

Reply to
mic canic