2000 caravan Powersteering pump/rack replacement

Can anyone offer advice on performing these repairs?

The rack looks easier then the pump...is it a must to disconnect the exhaust to change powersteering pump on a 3.3?

thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike Dec 27, 2:43 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler From: Mike - Find messages by this author Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 20:43:43 GMT Local: Tues, Dec 27 2005 2:43 pm Subject: 2000 caravan Powersteering pump/rack replacement Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Yes.

Reply to
Steve

Ok , this group isnt any help....well to answer my own question ,you do NOT have to take the exhaust off to change a powersteering pump on a 3.3. I went through the side and took off the pump bracket and the harmonic balancer and it worked out ok....took me quite awile so i saved the rack for today...hope its easier then the pump but i think it will be.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Your refund is in the mail. :)

Bill Putney

Hey Steve - you owe either Ted or me an apology! :)

Bill Putney

Reply to
Mike

Mike all you need to do is remove the axle on the right side to access the pump, very easy to do

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Usually I tell them that the advice they get is worth what they paid for it ;-)

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Hey Glen, your right , it was either the axle or the harmoic balancer, i thought the balancer was easier then the axle ... had it offf in a couple of minutes...(buddy already had a puller) and it seemed to give me more room then the axle looked like it would have given... but thanks for your advice glen....

As for Steve , well im sorry if you feel SCHOOLED on a repair with all your experience but at least you lerned something new from this post....it still WAY easier to pull a balancer then to remove the exhaust..

Got the rack in ok too if anyone interested.. I must say though for as long as ive owned my Caravan its been very unreliable...belt problems,timeing chain cover leak, power steering pump, rack, waterpump,trans is starting to shift hard, and something else im forgetting but the bottom line is chrysler makes a VERY POOR QUALITY PRODUCT and this will be my last purchase from them.... I called the 800 number to comlain about the belt problems and they could give a shit... I dont know about you guys but im thinking HONDA OR TOYOTA

Reply to
Mike