2000 Cherokee Rear Defroster

My rear isn't working and I traced the problem to what I believe to be the component within the instrument panel. Must the entire instrument panel be replaced or can the component within be repaired?

Reply to
jb

man of machines

when I press the switch button the light comes on in the switch. But no power is supplied to the defroster grid.

Reply to
jb

Check whether there is any current passing through your grid. Often there are (almost) invisible cracks in those lines. Pay special attention to the contacs. There may be bad contact between the metal and the grid lines. You can fix all this using a kind of liquid contact silver (don't know what's it called correctly, comes in small bottles) - you can buy this stuff in electronic shops. Good luck. Andreas

Reply to
A. Mueller-Witt

I may not have been clear, but I said, No power is supplied to the defroster grid.

Reply to
jb

Ooops, I'm sorry, I read too quickly. Did you exchange the switch as suggested before?

Reply to
A. Mueller-Witt

No not yet. Thanks

Reply to