2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Minivan

Hello all...

I am the owner of a 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager Minivan with a four speed automatic transmission. This van, while pretty well reliable and all that, has been plagued with various transmission leaks as time has worn on. Usually I have had trouble with the cooler hoses, but those seem to be fine for now.

What I have is a leak in what I believe is called a "Chrysler A604 solenoid body". This leak appears to be in the gasket, and I have obtained a Chrysler gasket, number 4659982.

Now I need some ideas or a procedure on how to get the solenoid body apart so I can install this gasket. I have some mechanical experience working on vehicles and think I can figure this out once I get the assembly apart. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

My apologies if I have posted this to the wrong group.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

maxpower

Hi!

Thanks for replying. Your posting was very helpful and has put me on the right track, but I'm still having some trouble.

I believe that I have removed all of the 10 MM screws, but the pack in my van does not want to come loose. Can you tell me how many screws there should be or the locations of each one?

Thanks!

William

Reply to
R.A. Walsh

There are 3 screws and there are 2 gaskets. One between the separator plate and solenoid pack and one between the separator and the trans case. The solenoid pack sticks to the trans case and the 3 screws have dowels that pull down into recesses in the trans case. Proper torque for the screws is

110 inch pounds

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
maxpower

I'd like to thank everyone for their excellent help. It took a gentle tap with a rubber mallet to make the module come loose, but after almost 100,000 miles I guess that's not to be unexpected.

Anyway, the gasket is in place now and it seems to have slowed the leak that the van had quite considerably.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh