2000 Chrysler T & C Betl Tensioner

Help,

Tryng to replace my serpentine belt on a 2000 T & C van, but have no idea how to take the tension off the belt? I see that a special tool is needed, but can't even see where it goes and or if it's really needed?

Thanks.........Gary

Reply to
Gary F

mic canic

The wrench, or socket (what ever you can get to fit) just goes over the tension pulley bolt (not the tensioner mount bolt) and push in the tighten direction. This will load the tension spring and rotate the tension pulley to loosen the tension. Just slip the belt off one of the pulleys. A second person to slip the belt off and on can be helpful here. A long wrench or breaker bar on the socket is also helpful. The tensioner holds quite a lot of tension.

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
jdoe

He is talking about MECHANICAL PARTS - The tensioner. I will NEVER buy any mechanical operating parts from Auto Zone (we don't have a Pep Boys here). Sure they have a lifetime warranty on thier parts. HOW MANY TIMES do you want to redo a 6 hour job because you put a piece of junk part on your car. QUALITY parts (I use CarQuest) are the only way to go. Fix it and FORGET IT.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Stick to math Nomen,, ..

Obviously you done *some* of that..