2000 Chrysler T&C Interior Water Leak under Right Front Dash

2000 Chrysler T&C Interior Water Leak under Right Front Dash

Dealer cleaned out something once under warranty. Warranty expired several months ago. Leak under right front dash, clearly A/C related, has started big time when A/C is running. Soaks carpet. How do I fix this and where are things located that I have to fix? Thanks

Reply to
Ross Henderson

Job probably wasn't done right. What does the receipt say regarding what was done?

Reply to
Art Begun

Two things:

  1. Clogged drain passages for the A/C, or if "rain" induced, there is a drain passage on the right side of the wiper cowl that plugs and causes incorrect routing of the rain water or when washing the vehicle, need to make sure if it leaks during rains or only when using the A/C.
  2. The seal/gasket between the HVAC housing and the firewall is also a well known condition that Chrysler service departments are aware of ( and very costly repair at that). If the dealership already repaired this once, I would contact the service manager about this and seek repairs under warranty (depending upon how much out your warranty is). They should be able to help you. If not, contact Chrysler customer assistance (your dealership can give you the phone number) and seek assistance with this well know problem, if it is the firewall/HVAC seal. They will not help with just the drain. Depending upon the current mileage of your vehicle,history and how many months out of warranty service your vehicle is., I have seen many cases where Chrysler has assisted with the repairs. Be persistent.
Reply to
Galen