2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Electrical Problems

My 2000 Chrysler Town and Country Limited's door locks and interior light sometimes go up and down and blink on and off at the same time while driving. The symptom seems to indicate that one of the doors is not closed all the way (the door ajar light on the dash comes on and off when it does this). But I can get out and re-close all of the doors and it does not correct the problem. I have also checed the contacts on the doors to make sure there are no obstructions. I have taken the van to an electrical shop to replace two of the window motors (driver side and rear passenger vent) and can't help but think that these two motors going is some how related to the larger issue here. Any body with a similar problem with this model or directioni to a more appropriate group for this type of post please reply.

Reply to
sarr.roberts

philthy

Your problem more than likely is a door switch, they are self-adjusting and when someone has slammed the door the switch is adjusted in too far resulting in the dome lights/doorlocks activating when you hit a bump or drive on a rough road, or even when going around a curve. The sliding door are the worst, but the side doors can be the culprit too. Try rocking the van, check the door adjustment. If that does not work disconnect/isolate one doorswitch at the time

Reply to
utrechtman

More then likely one of the sliding door switches are at fault. You can either take a guess and replace them or have a scan tool connected, monitoring all door switches to see which one is at fault. It could be any door or a shorting wire.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname