2000 Dodge Neon

1? I bought a 2000 Neon, When I bought it, they said that the Turnsignals ( and emergencey flashers) were not working.

2? No prob .. How hard can that be? I've got 30 years experience in the Body Shop Business.

3? Looked at the fuse block on the Drivers side of the dash, there was an empty socket for a relay, Clearly Marked, ' Turn Signals - Hazard'

4? Called Local Chrysler Dealer Parts Dept ( My very own Brother happens to be the Parts manager here.. LOL) Ordered a Flasher Relay.. No prob so far..

5? The Relay came with 5 pins (connectors) , the socket on the fuse block ' Kind of ' matched, but only had 4 slots open and 1 (closed) blank slot

6? Called Local Chrysler Dealer Parts Dept ( My very own Brother happens to be the Parts manager here.. LOL) They Said that was the correct part and to maybe cut the blank slot open..

7? So I took the fuse block loose, and then noticed, On the Back, that there were not now, nor, has there ever been any wires connected from the factory to this Relay Socket. So this is not the correct relay Socket, that explains the wrong number of Slots!

8? Took the bottom of the dash apart, looked under the Glove Box, looked out under the hood, looked in the Trunk, No relay Socket.

9? Called Local Chrysler Dealer Parts Dept ( My very own Brother happens to be the Parts manager here.. LOL) asked them where the Flasher Relay goes. They said they have no way of looking that up, No way of telling where the Flasher Relay goes.

10? Chrysler has decided that the Relay Socket on the fuse block Marked ' TURN SIGNAL- HAZARD is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT the appropriate place for the TURN SIGNAL- HAZARD RELAY. AND THEY ARE (APPARENTLY) TRYING TO KEEP IT A SECRET!!

11? HHHHmmmmmm .. Maybe this car NEVER had Turn signals or Emergency Flashers... HHHmmmmmm.. 60,000 miles with out a Turn-signal .. could be ... Hmmmmmm.......

12? OR - .... CAN ANYONE WITH A 2000 NEON Please tell me where the Turn Signal Flasher goes OR - go out, turn on the turnsignals, and track down the Clicking noise from the flasher Relay and please give me a rough Idea where you are hearing clicking from ....

You'd think Chrysler could tell you where that would be .. You know, My very own Brother happens to be the .......

Jay Markland Dayton Ohio

Reply to
wingsnaprop

therebel

If they're trying to keep it a secret, they're doing a lousy job. The info's right in the Factory Service Manual, which is easily available for public purchase.

...You did look in the manual, right?

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

There was a time when the little blow up diagrams on computer showed parts in virtual position..

Reply to
Mike Hall

He tells it like it is, it's right in section 8J

Reply to
Bill 2

I'll bet, that if you had a brother in the parts department, he could get a look at the FSM, or even let you see it, OR>>>>>>>>>>

perhaps EVEN get a photocopy of the relevant material! Wow, what a concept!

-- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER: THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Reply to
Howard

IIRC, it's in the block of fuses under the hood.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

well DS, Personaly , I Don't think that a person should have to purchase an Owners manual to replace a Turn Signal relay. Where will it End? Will we someday need To Purchase a manual to tell us where to put Oil in at ? or How to replace a turn signal BULB ?, Or To tell us when we don't have enough tread left on our tires?... AND, Wouldn't / Shouldn't a multi million Dollar Parts dept be able to look such Basic Info up on a Screen of some kind and pass it along to the Consumer who has gone out of his way to purchase genuine Mopar Parts. .. Ohhh Lets see ..LIKE, AN OWNERS MANUAL ON THE COMPUTER .... In the Dept that would most get requests for such info ... Naaaaaaaaa.. Lets just all get dumber, and dumber and let Corporations Give us the Mushroom treatment. Keep us in the dark, and cover us with BullShit..

And further more .. It's going to be a OOhhh Doughnuts!

Reply to
wingsnaprop

I do intricate, technical stuff every day. I long ago learned I don't have the right to expect to instantly understand everything new I encounter, that sometimes you have to RTFM. The same idea applies here. If you're going to work on your own car, you should expect to have to invest some time, effort, and yes, a few bucks in order to be able to do it right. There's nothing wrong with that, it is the way the world works.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

The Owner Manual is supplied with the car when it's new. The irresponsibility of the former owners caused yours to be lost. Quit carping about it.

A brand new owners manual for your car, part# 81-026-0039 cost only $6

Why in tarnation should Chrysler waste the money to put an owners manual on the computer when every car they sell already has one in the glove box?

The manuals that people have been telling you to get are factory service manuals. They aren't the same thing as an owners manual. If your going to rant at least get what your ranting about right.

Have you ever considered that a dealership parts department isn't the best place to get information about fixing your car? I've bought plenty of dealer-only parts and most parts counter people I've talked to know a lot about the parts themselves, but don't seem to know alot about fixing cars. I would guess if they did, they would be in the service area actually fixing the cars rather than behind the parts counter.

Ted

Naaaaaaaaa..

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

You're absolutely right, because the information required is not in the owner's manual. It's in the factory service manual. Different book entirely.

Be advised, nobody gives much a f*ck whether you think you should or shouldn't have to purchase this or that book to do this or that service work. Can't figure it out? Go get the book, pay someone else to do the work or live with the fault out of stubbornness. Your choice.

Not their job. Check your "Shift" key, by the way -- it seems to be inserting random uppercase letters into your posts.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Gee, whiz Ted, they could embed it in the ROM for that webserver you want in each vehicle, you know, the one you want an RJ45 connection for!

(actually, not a bad idea.)

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Actually, I think that GM has figured out how to solve that one. They just dick the owners $35 a month to have some minimum-wager in a call center in Poontang read the instructions in the vehicle's owners manual over the phone. They call it the OnStar system. ;-)

My guess is that 3/4 of the drivers in cars today wouldn't know the difference between an RJ45 port and their girlfriend's snatch.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Careful now, you're calling Troy, MI Poontang (as if!)

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff