2000 neon stalling and stumble

I have a 2000 neon 2.0L sohc.. and I have a problem that I cant seem to figure out.

When it is hot outside.. usually above 28 degrees, my neon has a huge power loss and at hiway speeds, with the throttle held steady, I can feel a stumble about every 15 - 20 second.. Also if I come to a stop and idle for more than 30 seconds, the engine idle seems drop a bit and then it just quits.. It alway starts right up again, and only happends when it is hot out. MAP and TPS have been changed... Any ideas? I thought coolant temp sensor but I just dont know!";

Reply to
Brent

when was last tune up? plugs and wires. also have the coil checked they fail in high heat.

then has your throttle body ever been cleaned. crank case matter can foul up the TB on the back side and orifices.as well as the idle control motor................clean and inspect.

if not any of that I would start checking wire harness and plugs for green corrosion on the contacts.

Reply to
wraithyjeep