2000 neon stuck trunk

Anyone have some advice for a 2000 Chrysler neon with a stuck truck. It's not the power truck. It doesn't have a trunk release (remote). The only way in is the key. The key will not turn. Is it possible to release the trunk from the inside?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Elliott

Try some lock lubricant first. Available at any auto supply store.

release the

Reply to
Art Begun

Even better is a product called PBlaster. Its a penetrant that will work on almost everything. Best I ever found.

release the

Reply to
Rufus T. Firefly

Oh yes, i've tried all those products so far.. with no avail... I think I need to actually move the mehanism around a bit to get it to go.

I am 99% sure it's the problem as I live on a dirt road with strong winds that constantly hit the back of my car. The little flap inside the lock is stuck open.

Reply to
Mike Elliott

I suppose liquid wrench might be a possiblitiy too. Is it cold? How about heating with a hair dryer. Or the opposite.... cooling with an ice cube to separate things.

store.

Reply to
Art Begun

In the old days you could pull out the back seat back to get to a trunk but I doubt that is true of many contemporary cars, if any.

release the

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
mic canic

The neon has folding rear seats. Or at least they all do up here in Canada.

Reply to
Bill 2

At least up here in cadada, that didn't come with the neon till 2001. Either that or someone took it out of mine before I bought it.

Reply to
Bill 2

I could be wrong but don't you release them from the trunk?

Reply to
Punch

It may be the mechanism is just jammed, sometimes if you turn the key and lean on the trunk to press it further closed at the same time, the pressure on the lock will let up and you will be able to turn it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

My son drives a 2000 Neon, and it has a trunk release inside of the glove box. It is located on the left. Also there is a release inside of the trunk. I believe it is a cable with a yellow tag on it. I believe Federal Law (USA) requires this release inside of the trunk. Bob snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
RSche007

Thanks.. that's the kind of advice i was looking for.. let's see if it works

Reply to
Mike Elliott

It's there - just a small lever. My 1995 I briefly had had an inside release.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Not in the neon. Which is a downfall, since you can't leave the cabin unlocked and the trunk secured.

Reply to
Bill 2