2000 sebring convertible rear seat belts

2000 Sebring convertible rear shoulder belts not rewinding completely. How to get into the back seat, or get the back seat out, in order to repair / replace the seat belt retractors?
Reply to
<p_buck*nospam

That just too funny!!, First of all the OP is asking how to get to his rear belt in the seat to find out why they wont roll up.

As far as a collision to see if they work, I had to laugh at that. all you need to do is make a hard panic stop and you will see that they do hold

I don't trust them and never trusted them. I recommend only

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

remove the seat cushion, seat back and quarter trim panel, 2 screws at the top, the speaker and then the panel pops off, ( be careful because they break really easy) remove the belt anchor bolt at the floor and the anchor bolt to the rear seat support. then remove the seat belt retractor assembly. If the belt is bad, I would not recommend disassembling it to repair it. It would be a sad situation to find out the belt wasn't installed or repaired correctly when the back seat occupant flew thru the windshield in the event of a frontal accident.

my opinion only

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for info abt getting the seat out. I think the problem may be that the belt(s) got twisted as they were being rolled up on the retractor. Because of the now extra thickness on the spool do not roll up all the way.

Reply to
<p_buck*nospam