2000 Town & Country Tow Package - how do I know if it is installed

How can I tell if a year 2000 Chrysler Town and Country actually has the Tow Package installed? The seller has what looks like the actual factory window printout that says it has it, but what can I look at in the engine or underneath to know if it really does??

Reply to
frugala

There is a metal plate under the hood with code numbers. This list of numbers tells what was installed at the factory. The tow package would include a larger alternator, larger battery, an oil cooler for the transmission, etc.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
mic canic

Wrong; none of that is part of the package; except possibly the bigger radiator which is hard to tell by merely looking.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

The 2005 vehicles are easy to spot. They also sport self-adjusting rear shocks. I don't recall if those were part of the 2000 package.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

It might. Our Gr. Caravan Sport 200 had the tow package, and had the self -levelling shocks.

Reply to
David