2000 voyager 3.0L : Where to buy an EGR solenoid?

Found my egr sol. ohms out bad ( open circuit ) I called a few local parts stores , but they did not have any. So, called the chrysler dealer , he said it is called a purge solenoid ( i think he is wrong )

What I am looking for is the black plastic valve thing that has three hoses to it, and one is connected to the egr valve and has the electrical connection.

after some web surfing , looks like this thing is sold with the egr valve ( sometimes) ,,, but not alone that I can find.

Can someone set me strait?

Reply to
Woodsy

The whole assembly is sold as a unit. Over time the solenoids can get sticky. And the rubber diaphrams will rot out as they are in contact with exhaust which is corrosive.

What is the mileage of this car? This is an emissions component that is under a federally mandated very long warranty.

I strongly recommend you let the dealer do this one. The reason why is that the aftermarket EGR valves for these engines are the rejects made by the company that sells them to Chrysler. While they are identical in every way, they often do not work. And they cost no less than if you get them from the dealer. Additionally, the valves from the dealer sometimes don't work either. This isn't a returnable part to the dealer and you may go through a dozen aftermarket valves before you find one that isn't setting the Check Engine Light all the time.

Unfortunately this is hideously awful design for vehicle production. It calls for a high degree of mechanical tolerance, using a material (plastic, not metal) that cannot be made to have a high degree of tolerance (at least, not the crap plastic they use). Let the dealer service department replace it. Then when the CEL comes on a couple days later, you can take it back to them and get it replaced again and then let them bitch and moan to Chrysler's parts suppliers over the return.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

It is called the EGR valve, buy the valve and get the transducer free, it is the plasic part with the vaccum hoses going to it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

-- Message posted using

information at

damnnickname