2001 Dodge Caravan Sport

We bought a used 2001 Caravan Sport second hand. It has the electric left rear door. Problem is sometimes it will open with the remote or the console switch , sometimes not, mostly not. It will always close though. Are we just not holding our mouths right or what?

Reply to
homersmydog

jdoe

Make sure you unlock the doors first or it wont open.

Reply to
maxpower

I've made sure the doors are unlocked, safety switch is off, everything I can think of. With the doors unlocked , you can hit the switch and it will sound like it's opening but just unlatch. Sometimes when it unlatches and you get out to make sure the door will close , closing the drivers or front passenger door will cause it to close back and latch, After that you can try the remote and it will open and close like you would expect it to. I'm to the point to just do it all manually, (heavy door) !

Reply to
homersmydog

It probably as nothing to do with the remote or switches. If one of the wires at the bottom of the door track (harness) is broken, this wire happen when trying to open it. You can disconnect both ends of the harness and test the wires for continuity on each wire. If one is found to be broken simply run a new wire. The other problem could just be a bad latch assembly. A Scan tool would be needed to verify what position the micro switches are in when the door will not work

Glenn Beasley

Reply to
maxpower