2001 Dodge Grand Caravan EX - Power Rear Gate Problems

Has anyone had any luck in getting Dodge to fix their rear lift gate properly? Mine will work ony 25% of the time. Usually it beeps three time and starts to open then stops. Subsequent pushes get it to lock up and I need to wrestle it open. The dealer has had it twice and tells me it works every time.

Of course, it fails to open for me once I pull into my driveway.

Is ther a timing issue in the chassis computer? Faulty latch or opener mechanisim? I am at 33,000 miles and want to get this fixed before they deney any warranty claim..

Scott

Reply to
Scott Van Nostrand

Make sure that EVERY TIME you take it in to the dealer for THIS (and all) problems, you get a paper (work invoice) stating the problem and what the dealer did to fix it (if anything). EVEN if they don't do anything - get that work invoice and make sure it says EXACTLY what they did/didn't do to it. Even if they said that common old statement "THEY ALL DO THAT". Make sure they put those exact words on the statement and if they don't, YOU write them on it and have the service writer sign the fact right under it, that he DID say that. I can almost guarantee that you will get a better look at it if they see that you are persistent and that you are documenting everything. Keep going back till you get it fixed and KEEP those papers. IF you have problems after the warranty is out, you have something to back up your claims, that you have been reporting the problem and the dealer can not/will not fix it. GOOD LUCK.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

get in their face esp. since that motor and geartrain costs about 800 bucs

the rearlift gate module is see> Has anyone had any luck in getting Dodge to fix their rear lift gate

Reply to
mic canic