2001 Dodge Pickup won't idle:

Hi a buddy brought me his 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup he says won't idle, check engine light is on. The truck is a 5.9L gas vin "Z". I ran the truck and it runs okay but won't idle unless you warm it up and race it a little. I plugged my trusty Actron scan tool into the aldl connector and retrieved one current code, PO 443 Evap System Purge Valve C fault. Okay is this a simple purge valve and where is it located? . Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

Bush

Reply to
Bushleague

Hi it turns out that the fuel guage was inop and nobody reset the trip meter to track the economy. Fueled it up, replaced evap solenoid, reset ecm, off we go.

Thanks for all of the input.

Bush

Reply to
Bushleague