2001 PT CRUSIER MOON ROOF

Does the wind deflector* (*may be the wrong term for it, as it seems to increase the wind when up) pop up when the roof is opened. I held mine down (temporarily) to see if the buffeting stopped and it did with the deflector* held down.

I also crack the back windows and that helps.

I noticed another PT with the roof open and did not see the ridge of the deflector* showing.

Still running even after 37,000 miles.......YEA DC!

Reply to
Howard

You're excited that the car is still running after 37K miles? Surely you jest? Come back at 237K and let us know how it's going? If maintained properly, it should still be running.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I've had the same experience. Makes me wonder if DC ever did any testing on the cruiser. Also, I don't have the roof rack, but I met a fellow who did and he complained about the extreme noise with the moonroof open.

It tends to get rid of the "fluttering" noise, doesn't it?

Moving up on 25K with my 2001 and hoping it makes it.

doc

Reply to
doc

surely I DO JEST........

I have seen 178,000 (+/-) on my 83 toyota tercel I have seen 129,000 (+/-) on my 92 subaru loyale Both were still running and reliable when I parted with them.

Maintenance is done, but not OVERDONE

ALWAYS run to operating temp, neither of the above burned any oil, but the Subaru leaked a little out of the valve cover(s). Faithfully changed oil and filter between 5 and 10 thousand miles. Original brakes on the Sub, one change on the Toy. 3 radiators on the Toy, same one on the Sub......electric on both were mostly original, with only brushes replaced.

Use gears instead of CALIFORNIA (flames coming) braking, by screeching off the line at the change of the light, Putting the brake pedal on HARD and screeching to a stop at the next light! (feel free to substitute stop sign for light)

Yes, damn it, I am heading to LA for about a month and will drive them nuts, by not drag racing between stops. And the PT can and will do *110 MPH, but it is surely working hard (*note: in 5th gear)

Out here on the beach (left coast) salt air takes a toll on all metal, especially radiators!

Will I see 150,000 on the PT, I ask? NOT LIKELY.........If I actually get there, I may be so old I will not even remember I have a PT. let alone where I put it or why I am checking the miles!

Howard

I had 2 83 Tercel 4WD wagons. Brakes were terribly inadequate and one would need fronts or backs every year. One had a headgasket leak at 70k miles. Neither had an engine to speak of.

Reply to
Art

toyota tercel.........more info: it was a 2 wheel, front wheel drive version, 83 was the first year it was offered. living on the coast, we rarely see weather that needed 4WD.

Howard

Imagine the same engine and brakes in a car that weighed 500 pounds more.

Reply to
Art

There is a fix available for the wind deflector buffeting in a 2001. Chrysler has a kit with a stiffer part that it can install. Mine was installed under warranty and fixed the buffeting completely.

RB

Reply to
RWB