2002 300M window won't open

I thought the 300M power window problem had been solved long ago, but the driver's window on our 2002 model (no longer in warranty, of course) now refuses to open. I hear a click when I operate the switch, but the window refuses to go down.

Any simple remedy, or am I going to have to pay $$$ to get it fixed?

-=- Alan

Reply to
Alan Beagley

Bill Putney

I was wondering how to accomplish that when I received an email from somebody else suggesting sliding a credit card between the glass and the seal. I did that all around the window, both inside and out, but to no avail.

Am I likely to be able to accomplish anything by removing the inside door panel and trying to move the window by hand? Any gotchas in removing the panel?

-=- Alan

On 08/27/03 05:37 am Bill Putney put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Alan Beagley

"Alan Beagley" wrote

When I began having problems with the driver's window on my '99 300M, the dealer tried to convince that it was stickage. Then it was just a bad spot on the motor armature that a swift kick at the lower front corner of the door panel would get it working, for awhile. I finally got the dealership owner involved, and got a new regulator, motor, and brackets rebonded to the glass. That was some 50,000 miles ago, and all is still well.

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

Jim - I'm curious - brackets re-bonded to the glass? The brackets are glued to the glass and are bolted to the regulator lift bracket, so no reason for them to have been re-bonded to the glass for replacing the motor/regulator for this problem (i.e., the glass would have been separated from the regulator lift plate by removing the glass bracket-to-lift plate bolts, replacing motor/regulator, and re-attching regulator lift plate to glass brackets).

While the brackets breaking (in which case the window flops around in random positions) is a problem, it is not related to the sticking-in-the-up-position problem. Or was that done as a preventive for that unrelated other problem?

Bill Putney

When things finally got fixed right, the window didn't track right when going up. The rear corner would stick outward, above where it should normally park. I'd guess that all the pounding on the door panel to get the motor to work was more than the glue could take.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

WARANTEE?????????

go to the dealer!

Howard

My windows have been repaired about 4 times in my 300M. Weatherstripping, regulators and motors twice. So today it was finally hot this summer and the 2 fronts stuck again for a couple of seconds. Was thanking myself for buying the extended warranty when they finally opened.

Reply to
Art Begun

LOL! Makes sense now.

Bill Putney