2002 Chrysler Town & Country brake caliper guide pins

Folks,

What size are these? I need to replace my brake pads and the docs I have simply mention removing these two pins but make no mention of the size of the nut it uses. It looks like I need an allen wrench but I'm even guessing there.

Anyone know?

Reply to
Rich Heimlich

It is an allen wrench, off hand I dont remember the size, possibly a 6mm

Reply to
maxpower

Not sure where the previous individual got their info but I just changed rear brake pads on 2002 TC and the correct tool is the Torx T45 not an allen wrench. Works for front and rear calipers.

Reply to
JLH3

Not sure where the previous individual got their info but I just changed rear brake pads on 2002 TC and the correct tool is the Torx T45 not an allen wrench. Works for front and rear calipers.

Reply to
JLH3

The next time you do a brake job on that vehicle take a look at the pin, Its an allen bolt #7mm, yes a number 45 torx will work but it is not the correct tool to use. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname