2002 Chrysler Voyager Manual Sliding Door Problem

I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager minivan and the sliding door on the passenger side is starting to catch on the plasitc chain that protects some electrical wire. The plastic chain has started kinking and it is actually broken in some spots. My concern is that I do not know what the wire that it is protecting actually does. Can anyone tell me?

Additionally, any suggestions on fixing this? I've considered moving the bench seat over to the right and just accessing everything from the drivers side, but I would still like to fix this if possible....

Thanks!

Reply to
Vincent.Hale

If you are referring to the wires that are inside the door channel, they are for the power sliding door motor,lock and latch assembly. If that wire breaks the door will only work in the manual mode. That track is available thru the parts department.

There is no fix when it breaks..and you lost me on the bench seat thingy!!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hey Glen,

My sliding door is manual, and I really don't have any features on the van. I'm talking about the chain-like object that lays along the bottom of the track and curls up when the door is open. Another gentleman is assisting me and I believe he called it a "flex track."

I don't have power locks, or power anything.

When I was mentioning moving the seat, I just meant that I would take the lazy way out and just avoid using the passenger side sliding door altogether. Not the best option, but I was afraid that the wire may have powered a more critical area, such as tail lights or break lights for example.

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
Vincent.Hale

That's odd, I don't think I have ever came across a van that had that track unless it had power sliding door. Or maybe I just haven't paid attention. Now your gonna make me look into it as if I don't have enough work to do already!!!!! There are 2 different part numbers, one with power sliding door and one without. It doesn't specify what the difference is. I would think it would be for the dome lite only if you don't have power door locks/sliding door.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower