2002 Concorde electric seat stuck

The driver's side electric seat is stuck and makes a grinding noise when I try to adjust it. It is stuck with the front part (under my knee area) up and does not let my legs reach the pedals well. I can adjust the seat back to sit up or recline and the whole seat will move forward and back. I just can't get the front part to lower any more. The rear part will go up and down but not the front. Any suggestions? Help, I can't drive my car like this!

WR

Reply to
wr2002

I had this happen to me on '00 Intrepid -- unfortunately, in my case the problem was that something inside the reducer of the electric motors that drives the worm screw that adjust the height of the front portion of the seat broke.

The dealer told me that they do not have part listings for the components of the power seat assembly and that the entire seat would need to be replaced (I am not positive that this information was valid

-- you may want to double check it).

In the end I found a power seat at a junk yard relatively cheaply (because the junk yard seat material was completely trashed) and was able to move the entire assembly that adjusts the seat position (basically the base of the seat) from the junk yard seat to my "good" seat.

This solved the problem for me.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Reply to
april1st

There are a bunch of gears in there, so you've stripped or broken one. You'll just have to replace it. If you're mechanically inclined, you might be able to convince it to lower working on it yourself, but if you could do that, you probably wouldn't have posted this.

Reply to
Joe

Same thing happened to me once, it was just the little cable had popped out of the motor, Ide try taking the seat out and seeing if that is in correctly, if not, try replacing with the passenger motor or a junk yard motor.

Reply to
afx

Hi...

If you do use the passenger seat motor, make sure you put that seat in a nice general "fits all" position first :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel