2002 Neon

My neon, when I click the key to the run postion, all my gauges spaz out and jump around. My spedometer jumps from 120mph to100 to 80 increments of ten back to zero..go figure..all the other gauges jump around also..until there done spazzing. car starts and runs fine afterwords..any ideas?? battery shorting out im thinking..

Reply to
Tom Cahoone

odometer trip thingy stuck in.

Reply to
Punch

As another poster suggested, is your trip odometer reset pin stuck in? If its stuck or its switch is malfunctioning, your instrument panel will go into test mode, cycling the speedo in 10 mph increments as you describe. The other gauges also go full scale for a few seconds in test mode. It's actually a good feature, as long as it doesn't happen all of the time.... :-)

Doug

Reply to
sparks065

Replace the printed circuit board behind instument cluster

Reply to
maxpower