2002 Sebring Sedan - no heat at idle

I just bought a used 2002 Sebring sedan (LX - 6 Cyl 2.7 L). The car has 38k on it, drives well and I have not noticed any cooland loss. The problem is that at idle, when the car is stopped there is no heat output, when I speed up to about 30-40, the heat comes back strong. Slow down, the heat goes away in 30 seconds. The engine does not overheat, the coolant temp stays between in the middle range all the time. It does drop by about 1 divison at highway speeds. Any ideas ?

Reply to
Igor Cherepinsky

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Igor Cherepinsky) wrote

Kinked/restricted hose. Vacuum leak to heater controls. Air trapped in radiator.

Reply to
StevJensen

Do you mean that the air through the dash vents is cold, or that there is no air through the dash vents?

-- Rickety

Reply to
rickety