2002 Town and Country - AC Fan only on high speed?

I have a CH Town and Country Minivan, the AC (internal) fans, both the front and rear ones, work only on High Speed - they do not work on slower speeds. Since both fans do this I'm guessing a fuse?

Anyone else see this?

Reply to
Leythos

On the LH car version of the electronically controlled A/C, the fan speed os controlled by an electronic unit which proved to be very unreliable. So that's where I've seen that happen. When it screwed up, mine stuck on high. It costs about $500, so high didn't seem such a bad thing after I found that out.

Reply to
Joe

We don't have the Limited, and our controls are a Dial type speed selector for speed (4 or 5 positions) one for the front and one the back, both do the same.

I've been reading about a Resistor block that can be replaced for about $40 (you buy and do the work) and about a electronic version that is just some FET that is located behind the glove-box...

I don't know where mine is, but I suspect it's the resistor type as we don't have the Climate control like my 4Runner Limited does.

Reply to
Leythos

Consider also that the blower motors load the resistor paks more as they age. People often find that a new resistor pak will burn up in a short time. If that happens, you then know that you need to replace the blower motors along with the burned up resistor paks - otherwise, you will just keep going thru new resistor paks.

Bill Putney

Since I have a fan speed in the front dash for both and then the rear speed about the second seat (roof), where would the second resistor pack be located (near the 1st on in the Dash?)?

Reply to
Leythos