2002 Town & Country Limited

I own a 2002 Town & Country Limited. It has the 3 zone climate control system and recently the climate control (blower motor) runs continuously. When you switch off the climate control, the blower motor switches into recirculating mode (really tough when it is 20 degrees outside). If you turn the unit on, blower controls work fine (ie I can increase/decrease fan speed), but this is still hard to handle when it if very cold. All other controls seem to work fine except when I shut the unit off. Then it runs continusously.

I replaced the climate control with a used unit and it works exactly the same. I think it is not the climate control. Is there a sensor, relay or vacuum switch I should be looking for?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
T380Fisher

I just went through this......TWICE!!!!! 1 year ago, I had it replaced by the dealer. The fan was on ALL THE TIME. Just recently, the blower didnt work at all. Luckily, since it was less than 1 year ago, it was under warantee.

ITS A REAL EASY REPAIR. Take everything out of the glovebox. Bend the two things at each side inward, and the box will open wide.

Right in front of you, you will see something with wires going into it. One connector has 2 wires, the other has 4 (Actually only 3 wires though)

Thats the BLOWER MOTOR MODULE. If you have the limted, like I do...you need to ask for the MODULE. Vans without the tri-zone Auto Temp have a blower motor resistor. YOU DONT WANT THIS....you want the module.

Squeeze the connectors and disconnect the wires. Unscrew the two bolts holding it in. Go to your chrysler dealer, and ask for a Blower Motor Module. (Bring the one that you took out so they give you the right one) Reverse what I told you above to replace, and it will probably work just fine!

Reply to
GVAHE

That was the answer. It worked!!!! Getting old one out and new one in took less than 5 mins. (Except for the trip to Chrysler). The Chrysler parts manager said the module has been redesigned. He also stated a memo went out to service departments to tell customers with electronic climate controls to shut them off before shutting the car off. If left on while starting, the module could get "juiced" and burn out.

The part number I got (replacement #): 05179985AA the dealers description was "198HO power Module" The origonal part # I removed was: 4885482AA/D Only tool needed was a nutdriver (or rachet), bolt size was 5/16"

Hope this helps any others out there.....Good Luck.

Reply to
T380Fisher