2003 Grand Caravan 3.3 - Trannsmission TSB 2100503A feeding pump & front clutch

Hi For the mechanically knoweledgable people. My tranny sometimes was not engaging into D or R . There is a TSB 2100503A. This calls for replacing the feeding pump and some front clutch. Apparently late 2002 and erly 2003 cars got bad pumps. This job took the dealer 5 hours of labor. Can somebody tell me , is this condsidered a rebuilt of some sort. did they have to open the tranny completely or take it down completly. Will this compromise the tranny in the long run. Or it is simple just open some case replace the pump and clutch and thats it. 5 hours tell me that it is quit some job, almost like a rebuilt. Did they have to touch anything else in the trannsmission? Thanks in advance

Reply to
cosza

jdoe

Reply to
cosza

My guess is that it's better than new. :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Hopefully, better than new ... assuming it came with a bad pump!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

My 2002 caravan sport started banging into lower gears as it was downshifting (23,000 miles). Dealer removed the trans and the bench tech replaced the oil pump, torque conv package, trans seal package, 3 trans plates and 4 disc clutch. (9.5 hours total). I also wondered if this was considered a "rebuild" or just replacement of the failed parts. Now I am thinking should I invest in an extended warranty or roll the dice. Thank goodness the work was under warranty, but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the reliability of the trans now. Any comments from the experts?

Reply to
Ken Kociolek

it should be fine but a warranty wouldnt hurt if you can afford it. can run as much as 1400.00 for the warranty policy.

how has it been since the repair work was done?

Reply to
robs440

flawless since the repair Thanks

Reply to