2003 Grand Caravan fronts disk brakes

I took the Van for service today. The dealer called me and said that my fronts disks and pad are 5%, basically finished. The milage is only 31000 Km (19375 miles). Seems kind of soon for this. What is everybody out there experiencing. Thanks

Reply to
cosza

RWM How about your disks, have they been changed Tx

Reply to
cosza

Reply to
maxpower

Rotors changed at 37000 (at second pad change) due scoring, runout and internal ventilation channels crumbling into rust. Junk.

cosza wrote:

Reply to
RWM

Depends on your driving. I"ve been watching this board and see alot of folks complaining of this. I have very good life from my pads and rotors and excellent life on the rears, changed my originals @ 155k miles on my 99, my dad's 98 at 130k, (both had life left I just felt it wiser to do it), I had just done the rears on my 92 GV at 175k before it was totaled, did my BIL:'s

Reply to
jdoe

Good grief! Get your left foot off the brake pedal! I have 47000 on my original 2002 disks and will probably get 60000 km out of them just like I did on my 2000 which had smaller front disk brakes. You should perhaps look at your driving style. I suspect there may be a problem there.

Reply to
High_Density

In our case, we twice got over 40K on Honda Accord front pads, and I have gotten over 40K on Datsun 2000 Roadster front pads, driven hard.

By contrast, we got only 20K on the GC's brakes and only 37K on the rotors. It's not all driving style, by a long shot. It's a heavy vehicle, marginal brake capacity and junk rotors, too.

Reply to
RWM

I get 50,000+ on front pads. Then again, I drive mostly in rural areas on the highway and only use the brakes a few times every 20 miles and I'm a pretty gentle braker normally. If you brake hard and often, or ride the brakes, they won't last long at all.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
jdoe

Just changed my 2004 vans front pads today with ceramic pads. Reason; too much brake dust!. Found they were about 60% gone in 24,000 miles. This is the direction I would recommend.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard