2003 T&C AC?

My aunt stopped by with her Town and Country to ask why it was dripping by the right rear wheel. It was condensation from a cold metal tube (about 20mm) alongside a warm metal tube (about 10 mm). At the back a fitting joined them.

It seemed like air conditioning but I didn't understand why evaporation should be taking place outside the vehicle. Farther forward, two hot 20 mm tubes ran alongside with these two.

I've searched the web but haven't found a description of AC on a Chrysler van. What are these tubes?

Reply to
Bart Byers

NewMan

Reply to
Bart Byers

Reply to
Dipstick

Ah! I guess the evaporation was occurring inside the vehicle, and the "connector" I saw under the vehicle was part of that unit.

What about the two 20 mm tubes that ran alongside these tubes forward of the wheel well? When I touched them I immediately pulled my fingers away because they seemed burning hot.

If there's also a heater back there, maybe those tubes held coolant.

Dipstick wrote:

Reply to
Bart Byers

Reply to