2004 CROSSFIRE

HI gang I have hung around a long TIME and have enjoyed the banter and info. But now I must ask for some help with a car problem. A 2004 chrysler crossfire of my nephew, he CAN no longer can afford this car and its repairs so it has fallen to me to fix it for him.Complete brake over haul and front wheel bearings and I suspect rear axle bearings. Mitchell E manual says to do it one way and chillton hard cover manual say a different way. based on the inspection of the car none of the ways make a lot of sense. I have the tools and I thought the know how to do all the repairs as I had been a brake and front end mechanic who left the field for health issue all most 20 years ago. Any one have any input to the proper way to do this , that is to replace the rear axle bearings?

thank you Ram lover

Reply to
ram lover

Rather than debating the Mitchell and Chilton manuals, what does the factory manual say?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Hi!

My bet is that the Mitchell manual is the more correct of the two...but if you really want to know how it's done, hit eBay or something and find the Chrysler factory service manual.

You'll find out everything you wanted to know and possibly then some.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

I'll add my less than certain possibility: Pay about $27 for an alldata

1 year subscription
For a particular procedure, it will either pay off completely or will be a dry hole - nothing in between. Here's why: The procedures they do include with the subscription are right out of the factory manual for the exact year and vehicle, so the quality of the info. will exceed that of any aftermarket manual. The catch is that not all procedures are included.

A bonus that you would get, whether or not the procedure you need is in the info., is complete schematics (again, right out of the FSM) *and* all TSB's applicable to the vehicle. Might be worth the gamble on the bearing procedures just to get those two things.

Reply to
Bill Putney

HI and thanks very good info there but my problem now seams to be I have and odd duck . alldatadiy match's Mitchell but not my car . go figure

Reply to
ram lover

I've noticed some parts prices which aren't real accurate in there, but the time guides are close.....if the user has the relevant skill levels

Reply to
rob

That is a little strange. I guess Chrysler, or Daimler's in this case, info. is inaccurate.

Reply to
Bill Putney

As a DIY'er, I don't look at the time estimates, and I get exact prices, either aftermarket or discounted OEM are available on line, either ahead of time or as I order them. But I could see where a business would like to have that info. for quoting a job.

Reply to
Bill Putney

yeah from time to time i have to advise some shops that warranty wont pay labor twice for taking out something that you had to do anyway to access another part.......like charging labor for oil pan reseal labor when they took the pan off anyway to get at a bad oil pump..etc

Reply to
rob

I have fond out that this car was in the first shipment to the states in 2003 and may have a different configuration only a dealer may have the info on this car. Does this sound possible to any of you? I have seen the factory manual and this car does not match it as far as the axle configuration.

Keith A.K, Ram lover

Reply to
ram lover