2004 Grand Cherokee Question Part2

OK First- Thanks to everyone who responded to my first question.

I found a Grand Cherokee that has most of what I wanted,

V8 special edition, Only major option it's missing is a trailer towing package. According to the dealer, the 4.7's come with all the necessary cooling for towing, and the tow package only adds the receiver, trailer plug wiring, and power steering cooling.

Is this true that the tow package adds NO additional cooling capacity to the engine or transmission and I should be OK towing my 3000# boat? or maybe a 4000-5000 trailer in the future?

Assuming I have to buy a trailer hitch, what's a good brand and model?

Thanks again for your help.

---Greg---

Reply to
Greg

Costs $255 if ordered with vehicle.

That matches what you can check for yourself at

See no additional transmission cooler for the 4.7 with the 5 speed auto.

Would it cost you more than the $255 to get the wiring and hitch properly installed aftermarket?

You *do* get a "Trail Rated" badge if this is a 4wd.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11