2005 Chrysler seat belt extensions

The front seat belts of our new 2005 Chrysler 300 are inconvenient to hook up. The bottom end of the belt is down low in the seat making if very unhandy to hook up. I went to my local Chrysler dealer to get seat belt extensions and when the parts man looked them up he found that they were not free as they had been in the past. I want the extensions and had to pay in advance $62.01 to order the 2 extensions. I thought the government DOT had mandated that the auto companies supply whatever is needed to make the seat belts work at no cost to customers. Does anybody know if this has changed and why Chrysler now charges for what I thought should have been a free item?

Thanks in advance

Brad Robertson

Reply to
Brad Robertson

I test drove a 300 and Magnum and did not notice any seatbelt problem. Have you asked the dealer to check to see whether yours were installed correctly? Have you compared with another car on the lot?

Reply to
Art

Perhaps a diet is in order here?

Reply to
Annoying Trailer Trash

They are there for a very good reason: To make sure the belt is properly positioned on your body. The lap portion needs to be down low, over your hips, NOT up over your belly, in order to do its job without injuring you.

They have never been free.

All kinds of people (including you, as it seems) have all kinds of screwy ideas about what the "government DOT" has mandated. There has never been anything even remotely approaching the mandate you describe. What's more, the seatbelts *do* work, you just find them "inconvenient".

Looks like the Daimler takeover of Chrysler has indeed brought Mercedes-type buyers into Chrysler showrooms, doesn't it? You act as though the world owes you your every desire on a silver platter.

Quit bitching, fasten your seatbelt, and maybe lose some weight.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

: In the past, I have gotten extentions for my toyota and older dodge caravan because of a pregnancy situation. Both times I asked for two extensions for each car. Both times I waited about three days and received them with no charge and no hassle. Dodge dealer was in nyc , and toyota dealer was in westchester county, new york. I do believe it is at least a new york state law, that seat belt extensions are mandatory , if you can show your registration and ownership of the vehicle.

Much regards Jerry

Reply to
j.lef

Seems like a great ebay scheme. Get free extensions in NY and sell them for thousands to ebayers in other states.

Reply to
Art