2005 Dodge Caravan Mirrors

Any Dodge dealers on this list that can give me the price of the driver's side door, folding mirror? The top half (the folding part) has been hit and destroyed by a hit and run driver while I was parked.

Is it easy to replace this mirror myself?

TIA,

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Yes it is easy to replace, I would contact your local dealer because they may want a vin# to check for the proper mirror codes.

Reply to
maxpower

Call Wyckoff Chrysler (they are on the web) for a price. It is very very easy to do yourself. If it is heated and remote you must specify that fact.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

My mirror is a manual folding mirror so I am hoping it is pretty cheap.

Thanx,

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

. If I had to guess, I would guess about 120.00.... the part number should be a 4894411AC, manual /fold away only with a GUM sales code,

Reply to
maxpower

There are plenty of places, instead of a dealer, on the web to get a new mirror. I got one recently for my daughter's Cavalier for $49.95 at autotruckmirror.com. Very pleased with it. Rick

. If I had to guess, I would guess about 120.00.... the part number should be a 4894411AC, manual /fold away only with a GUM sales code,

Reply to
Rick

Thanx for the website Rick - they only go up to 2003 - I have a 2005, not sure if it is the same thing. I called my local Dodge dealer, they want $88.14 plus tax for it - the website you mention wants $54.95 for the 2003 one. I'll call them and see if it is the same.

Now, can someone explain to me how to replace the mirror? I'm told it is very, very easy - looks like I need to pull the entire unit off the car somehow.

TIA,

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Well, sure, if you don't mind Taiwanese copycat "quality".

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Wyckoff is a Chrysler Dealer selling OEM parts at a discount.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard