2005 Grand Caravan SXT | flasher module

Hi gentlemen,

I'm wondering where the flasher unit is located in my 2005 Grand Caravan SXT ?

I'd like to look into it to disable the current sensing circuit that makes it click very fast when I replace rear brake/flasher bulbs with LED ones (it thinks that the filament is broken). I know I have an option to hook up the load resistors in parallel with the LED "bulb" but I'll stick to this solution only if mine fails.

Thanks for any ideas, Val

Reply to
Maus

I don't know the answer to your question, but they sell drop-in replacement electronic flashers in the auto parts stores that are not load dependent - made for trailer towing but also good for use with LED's.

But be careful - the ones that are supposed to be drop-in equivalents for the LH cars cause the fuse to blow whenever the hazard flasher is used - this is the 5-terminl type flasher. If yours takes the

3-terminal type, it may not have that problem. If it's the 5 -terminal type, it may not have the problem either - this may be something unique about the LH cars.

There is at least one brand of electronic 5-terminal flasher that has been identified that does not have this problem (in the LH cars). Post back if you want the source for that (will have to research it on one of the LH car forums that I frequent where I know the info. has been posted).

Reply to
Bill Putney

Thanks Bill !

If you can post more detail about the flasher brand I would appreciate it. But anyway to replace the flasher I'll have to find it's location in the car first =)

Val

Reply to
Val

The flasher is located in a computer. cant change it. best to add resistors.

Bryan

Here is the description from chrysler DESCRIPTION - TURN SIGNAL SYSTEM The turn signals are actuated with a lever on Multi-Function Switch, located on the left side of the steering wheel. The signals are automatically turned off by a canceling cam (two lobes molded to the clock spring mechanism). The cam comes in contact with the cancel actuator on the turn signal (multi-function) switch assembly. Either cam lobe, pushing on the cancel actuator, returns the switch to the OFF position. The multi-function switch is a resistive MUX switch that feeds inputs to the BCM.

Reply to
Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for the info. I believe there should be a BCM-controlled module that makes the clicking sound and/or senses bulb failures. To the best of my knowledge, digital computer itself cannot perform those functions. Probably it is one of the types used in other makes/models, with the only difference that it is controlled not by the lever directly, but by the BCM instead.

Thanks, Val

Reply to
Val

Reply to