2005 Grand Voyager Loss of Compression.

I purchased a new Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD Automatic, in October last year. In December the vehicle failed with an problem where it wouldn't select any gear, the engine was very uneven at idle. The dealership returned the vehicle to us 9 days later citeing a faulty battery, this diagnosis was backed up by Chrysler Technical Services. Three weeks ago the fault occured again, the uneven running problem had been there all the time.

This time the fault is down to a loss of compression, the vehicle is still in the dealership and is likely to be for at least an other week as they are now telling me that they have to replace the engine. This is my second Voyager but after the problems with the dealership it is likely to be my last, has anyone experienced similar problems with the new model Grand Voyager.

Rgds

Dave Munro

Reply to
davem