2005 limited Auto vibrations

I have a 2005 2.0 Limited PT Auto. It seems to have some engine related vibrations, at about 1700rpm, the exhaust resonates as, though it is hitting on the body. At 2600 rpm the vibration goes through the body causing the dash etc to rattle. It has only done 22000 ks and the dealer so far has ignored my complaints. Is the a common thing for the harshness of the engine to have these effects and if so what is the procedure to rectify it.

Alan

Reply to NG or prattaw at agn dot net dot au

Reply to
AP

Are you sure it isn't the tires? Moving fronts to back would eliminate that possibility.

Reply to
Art

Remember, Chrysler does not service or warranty the tires unless its part of the initial service of a new vehicle. Go to a tire dealer that is authorized to warranty the tires and have them check them out for defects, balance and roundness. You may have to pay a fee for a balance if that is needed.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

When I bitched about vibrations in my Goodyear tires on my year old 300M, my dealer took the car to a Goodyear tire store and had them replaced. It wasn't my job to diagnose whether it was the car versus the tires.

Reply to
Art

Not tires (tyres in oz) they have been rotated and new rims recently fitted due to a chroming fault. It comes with engine revs, the same point in all gears.

Reply to
AP