2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission problem with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They have a manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what they are going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from Enterprise that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just spent thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all records up to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter concerning the New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and am considering a 300C. thanks sharkman

Reply to
sharkman

I would hold off on this vehicle if I were you Sharkman.Looks like an apparent factory defect that has yet to be determined.The dealer was Buhler&Bitter Inc. Hazlet,New Jersey..The tranny "skips" upon acceleration and has a noticeable rumble like the rumble strips on the highway. You might wind up in my position if you buy this car...

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

thanks.. Good Luck and keep us posted...

Reply to
sharkman

No such thing as a Chevy Neon. Should we believe the rest of your post?

Reply to
Art

I suspect that since he was dealing with Chrysler, it was a chrysler/dodge neon...

Art wrote:

Reply to
sharkman

Listen moron,,ever hear of a mistake? Your right,,I'm wrong..It was a chevy cavalier,since returned for a Sebring loaner..I hope you buy a Chrysler and suffer the same problems..

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Ok Sharkman,,Was there this morning and they tell me they "thought" it was the drive shaft being out of balance.They intended to rotate it 180o only to find it was a three bolt universal.What they did I have no idea. They road tested it again and the problem still persists.I still say its in the tranny.. Won't hear anything til next week due to the holiday..Stay tuned..

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and am considering a 300C."

Why you need this. His complaint is mainly about the vehicle being a lemon. The dealership my works at has loaners when required and they loan out any used vehicle they have on the lot. They not going to loan you the same exact vehicle you are having repaired.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote: "Ok Sharkman,,Was there this morning and they tell me they "thought" it was the drive shaft being out of balance.They intended to rotate it 180o only to find it was a three bolt universal.What they did I have no idea. They road tested it again and the problem still persists.I still say its in the tranny.. Won't hear anything til next week due to the holiday..Stay tuned.."

If they think it is the driveshaft, they can send it out to get balanced on a machine.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

I understand that Sarge,however,after this mornings visit,they ruled out the shaft problem..

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

You said "No power steering." Power steering is standard equipment on both a Neon and a Cavalier.

Reply to
TomKan

For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have "REPLACED" the vehicle with a completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

Reply to
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Lemon laws are stacked in favor of the car companies. My business partner had an $75K Audi that was never right. It was in the shop 12 time in 12 months, they were never able to fix it. The car company is give multiple chances to fix the problem. If they can't fix it then you have to go to arbitration, you can't sue them and you can't recover your legal costs if hire a lawyer so it's either going to cost you a lot in legal fees or in time. He ended up taking the loss and trading it in on a Mercedes.

I hope that you are just unlucky and that there isn't a design problem with the 300C AWD (I'm assuming that's what you have since you paid 44K). I also just bought the 300C AWD. Mine has been flawless so far but I only have 750 miles on it so it's to soon to tell.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

They should have given you a new car and repaired the problem car and sold it at a discount. I feel for you.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

The dealer does not set the guidelines, they have to go by what Chrysler tells them they can do, They cant put you in a new car to drive around. And the district rep would make all those decisions anyhow. I would not start bad mouthing the dealer and raising hell with them if they are trying to do everything they can for you because it the long run it will make things worse. Trust me I understand that you would expect to have a problem free vehicle after just purchased it but these things happen. Not just with Chrysler but all makes and models

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I suspect the whole thing is a troll.

Reply to
Steve

+--------------------------------------+ \ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 / \ \ 1 9 / \ 0 \ 10 / \ \ TROLL-O-METER / \ \ / \ \ / \___\______________________/ \ / \....................../ +----------+ | PLEASE | | DO NOT | | FEED THE | | TROLLS | +----------+ | | | | .\|.||/..
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

It's a lemon because of the one problem you posted? what are you a @%$^% moron!

They are probably having a problem diagnosing it because it has not happened before. So if you are the first customer with this problem, what is the dealership to do? Wave there magic wand and diagnose it? since the tranny and driveshaft are a mercedes item, they are peobably dealing with mercedes for technical support. Therefore it probably takes time to figure out. Obviously YOU know the problem, So here is an idea. You get your car, and you fix it, and then send the bill the DC. They will re-imburse you.

Reply to
David

General Schvantzkoph: "Lemon laws are stacked in favor of the car companies. My business partner had an $75K Audi that was never right. It was in the shop 12 time in 12 months, they were never able to fix it. The car company is give multiple chances to fix the problem. If they can't fix it then you have to go to arbitration, you can't sue them and you can't recover your legal costs if hire a lawyer so it's either going to cost you a lot in legal fees or in time. He ended up taking the loss and trading it in on a Mercedes. I hope that you are just unlucky and that there isn't a design problem with the 300C AWD (I'm assuming that's what you have since you paid 44K). I also just bought the 300C AWD. Mine has been flawless so far but I only have 750 miles on it so it's to soon to tell."

New Jersey lemon laws states the vehicle must be in the shop for the same repair 3 times or out of service for 20 days. This must occur within 18 thousand miles or 2 years which ever occurs first.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge