2006 PT Cruiser on Chrysler Web Site Now - No More Navigation!

I was waiting for the 2006 PT Crusier. I wanted one with the Navigation like the 2005 model. They no longer are offering it. :(

Reply to
Saucer Man

You may have to purchase the complete radio if you want the nav system. Isnt there an accessorie kit from the dealer still?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The 05 radios had rounded edges. The 06 radios have square edges. I don't think the 05 ones will even fit in the new 06 dashboard. I waited 3 months and now this. It is a big disappointment. I wonder if they will make one as a separate accessory in the future?

Reply to
Saucer Man

What website are you going to? When I visit Chryslers home site I only see

05's. They do have a link to the Route 66 SE but no other 06 info that I can see.

Is there a link I am missing that you could provide?

Reply to
MikeSo

It's the regular page. When you goto the PT Cruiser section, the photos show the 05 but if you select Build & Price, there is an drop-down box to select the 05 or the 06 model.

Reply to
Saucer Man

Thanks!

Reply to
MikeSo

You can also buy an external GPS. I use the Magellan roadmate 700 and I am very satisfied. You can move it between cars, or take it out. In a couple of years you can replace it with something better, instead of having outdated technology sitting in your car.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

The Nav system has gotten so popular over the years Im sure Chrysler makes an accessory package or another radio that will get you what you want, Contact your dealer parts department

Reply to
maxpower

Very good point. In Europe there are also PDA packages, e.g. Palm with Michelin. Must be similar in NA. Some you don't need to keep plugged into power so you can carry around in your pocket and find your way round Timbuctoo.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Yeah, it's always been so much fun plugging in power adapters, and antennas, stuff like that, then having to try to mount the thing on the dashboard/ windshield/wherever it will stay stc.....

SRG

Reply to
SRG

I contacted the parts department and they found that for the 2006 models, Mopar has a system that mounts on the dashboard. The man described it to me as a "box". I figure it will be this ugly think that also obstructs your view but I haven't seen it yet. I don't want a portable one. I like it right in the radio.

Reply to
Saucer Man

The roadmate takes about 20 seconds to install, no external antenna. It mounts to the window with a suction cup on an arm, it's fast and secure. The cable is a little bother but not a big deal.

Reply to
Steve

That is the one they have been selling, it is hard wired into the wire harness

Reply to
maxpower

I thought they were selling the in-dash units like the rb1 and rb4. The parts man described this one as an on-the-dash unit. He said the part number is 82209542.

Reply to
Saucer Man

Hard wired into the harness with a pedalstool that screws to the dash, like the old cell phone mounts with a swivel

Reply to
maxpower

Do you have a photo of one?

Reply to
Saucer Man

Sorry, No I dont

Reply to
maxpower

I wonder if the insurance companies put pressure on the automakers to stop putting so much desirable stuff in the radio.

Sounds like the roadmate there is just the ticket. You see now, when you forget it, the thief only breaks your window and takes it, rather than breaking your window then destroying your dashboard. I'm sure the Insurance companies prefer that since it's not part of the car, they don't have to replace it vs an expensive dash job.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt