2007 PT Cruiser rough shifting

I have a new 2007 PT Cruiser, (non-turbo) with automatic transmission. It has about 1,000 miles on it.

From a cold start, the trans shifts "hard" from first to second gear, and the rest of the shifting is smooth. When decelerating, it will also hard shift from second back into first. This seems to go away after the engine and trans have warmed up to operating temperature.

Is this normal? If I disconnect the battery cables to reset, will it "re-learn" it's shifting pattern?

Thanks for any advice you may offer.

Honu

Reply to
Hertz_Donut

No it will not have any effect on the trans shift points. You only had this vehicle for a few days, are you just not used to it???? What was the vehicle you had before this one? There are no TSB's out for any issues on the trans and if the trans developed a problem the check engine lite would turn on.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I had a Nissan Maxima prior to this vehicle. The hard shift only happens from a cold start (cold being a relative term here in Hawaii), and it is a definite hard, lurching shift from 1st to second. Second to third is smooth. In addition, the same hard shift occurs when decelerating, or applying the brakes to stop. The problem goes away once the engine is up to operating temperature. There is no check engine light (of course).

Honu

Reply to
Hertz_Donut

I would let it go another thousand miles after checking the AT fluid level and see what happens. Wierd shifting in a new Chrysler is normal.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
philthy