2007 sebring opinions

Has anybody bought the new sebring. Conidering it as my next car, any opinions, how different fromt he older generation. Tx

Reply to
cosza

Looking at convertible?

Only obliquely helpful (maybe), FWIW if it has had any design input from the CLK Cabrio then it is likely to be a fine car, no doubt for a lower price than the CLK Cab itself.

Three years ago I hired a Sebring convertible when in LA and was quite impressed, though not with the fairly primitive roof mechanism. Plenty of room for a convertible. The new one seems to offer a retractable hardtop version (see thread of 9 Dec "Chrysler's Sebring has a talent for going topless"), an import probably from Mercedes/Karmann.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Well I've been happy with my older (2001) Sebring Convertible and will be looking at the 2007 hardtop convertible when it is available.

In the meantime I think the 3.5 L option on the Sebring is an interesting option, and the slightly downgraded 2.7 seems to have a multi-fuel setup

The Chrysler pages seemed a bit confused on packages and options a week or so ago, and I don't know whether the folks I tried to report it to really understood.

Rick

Reply to
rickety

I've looked at it. We have a 2001 Sebring sedan. It seemed like a slight change over the previous model, I didn't notice anything that significant. There is more foot room for the front seat passenger. Locally there are great good deals on slightly used 2006 Sebrings.

Two negatives I noticed were the inability to store a matching spare (according to the dealer) and the dumb channels in the hood.

IMO the 3.5L engine is not desirable or necessary in this car. The current 2.7L has more than enough power. To get us to upgrade our Sebring the engine would have to be upgraded with VVT (variable valve timing) technology.

Reply to
Some O