2008 Dodge Avenger prices in Canada...

Anyone notice the price drops lately? The Ford Fusion SE V6 was lowered in price to around 19000 around Toronto and I'm hoping I can get a 2.7 Avenger with ESP and ABS and 6 air bags for 18000 or less......

Has anyone here bought or owned an Avenger V6 lately?? What are your thots on the car? I drive about 40000 Kms or lets say 25000 miles a year in Canada. Hot summers Cold winters all conditions.....

Reply to
The Henchman

I haven't seen those prices advertised in Vancouver. One year old used USA cars are being sold at very low prices in the Vancouver area, by a GM dealer who is buying them in the USA and importing them.

I wouldn't touch the 2.7L engine. IMO the Fusion is a much better car.

Reply to
who

I';m driving a 2004 2.7L Sebring now. I like the car. Roomy, power when I need it but the transmission has trouble dropping down a gear when I floor it but maybe it's just the drive by wire. I've never had drive by wire throttle system until now. I got used tot he traction control quickly and I found it works in Toronto winter weather.

Brakes are good, steering is adequate, this car needs climate control in the worse way. Interior is cheap and plastically but functional. Seats are okay but Chrysler's lumbar support is horrible.

how come you didn;t like the car?

What is it about the Fusion you like?? I might be interested in the Fusion instead. It certainly comes with many more features than the Avenger or Sebring.... The New Malibu and Accord are out of my price range and the Camry is way outta my price range. perhaps a Saturn Aura is what I should persue....

Reply to
The Henchman

I should rephrase how come you don't like the 2.7L. Is it the 2008 version or is it all versions? It's a decent little powerplant IMHO and it's a smaller and more effieceint thant he Malibu's or the Focus's is it not? Plus it's coil on plug technology :)

Reply to
The Henchman