3.3l engine noise

I have a 2005 grand caravan 3.3l. when driving it seems to have a slight rattle in the engine, once we hit around 43mph it turns to a slight whistle or similar to a high pitched frequency sound. the faster we drive the more profound it gets. It only does this while giving it gas. I brought it back to the dealer (still under warranty) they say it is just normal drivetrain noise. I find this hard to believe. we love the van but this sound is too annoying.

Reply to
worksta

Keep taking it back to the dealer! Lushy

Reply to
David

Why not get a second opinion?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My 2003 T&C, with the 3.3l, had an alternator that started to make noise last year when it had about 40000 miles. I don't remember the exact noise, but I used a 'mechanics ear' to locate it to the alternator. I think the noise was probably coming from the pulley damper that is attached to the alternator pulley. I went ahead and replaced the alternator, which came with the pulley and damper, and the noise went away.

Marvin Stockman

snipped-for-privacy@epix.net wrote:

Reply to
marvinstockman