3.5L Code 25 - High RPM @ Idle

My son's 1996 3.5L Eagle Vision TSI (92K miles) has started idling at ~1600 RPM (even when the engine is warm). The check engine light is lit and the on/off/on/off/on key trick displays a code 25, which appears to be related to the AIS.

I've cleaned the two throttle bodies and attempted to find any loose or cracked vacuum lines, but they all appear to be fine. At this point, I'd appreciate ideas on other possible causes and any troubleshooting procedures that might be employed to try to isolate the problem.

Otherwise, the car looks great and seems to run pretty well for being 12+ years old. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Code 25: A short or open condition detected in one or more of the idle air control motor circuits.

Reply to
Mike

What did you find when you inspected the AIS motor and its wiring?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

Everything looked good from a physical connection standpoint. Is there a test procedure that can be performed with a simple DVM to verify the wiring continuity? Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I don't have an FSM for the first-generation LH body, sorry.

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer

My son has an appointment at the local 5-star Chrysler dealer tomorrow. He told them it had a CEL and code 25 and was warned it will be $125 for the diagnostic only ...I'll let you know what they find so others can hopefully benefit.

BTW, The car was mine originally and is now officially 12+ years old. Since I've done all the maintenance over those years, it has been back to the dealer only twice and both times were to perform recalls, with no cost to the owner.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to