300C AWD Hemi

My '95 Concord gets 35+ mp Imperial gallon at that speed.

Don't forget the std. 30 is RWD, which I know won't do the winter job that I require; driving to the ski hills in Western Canada. So AWD is needed on the 300 for my driving. My Concord with all season Michelin tires meets my winter requirements perfectly.

Reply to
Spam Hater

I rented a Magnum for 2 weeks. The small windows were a problem.

Reply to
Spam Hater

It's not just your opinion, but that of many who will be passing by Chrysler for their LH and LHS replacement.

Reply to
Spam Hater

The only way to accurately measure gas mileage is with several tank fulls.

Reply to
Spam Hater

The 300C won Consumer Reports award as the most thirsty in city driving- 10MPG.

Reply to
Spam Hater

My real-world experience says otherwise.

Reply to
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

none.. although my daughter has a Sienna and her GPS has a voice contol system and mine doesn't.. heh heh..

Reply to
sharkman

so what... So it'll cost me a grand or so more over the year... so what.. I usually piss that much away on crap anyhow.

Spam Hater wrote:

Reply to
sharkman

Actually someone posted that they compared the electronic average economy from a 300M with their own calculations based on several fillups and the results were identical.

Reply to
Art

I have rented several and never even noticed the windows were smaller. From the inside it seemed perfectly normal. The puney engine and horrible a/c were enough to scare me away from one though.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

One last data point. I just drove from Massachusetts to Ontario and back,

835 miles, I got 23.5MPG for the trip. So 23.5 is the absolute high limit for the 300C AWD.
Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

just for the way you drive. not to say there's anything wrong with the way you drive, but there are many variables to driving that affect mileage such as speed, traffic etc...

Reply to
sharkman

My '06 300C (not AWD) gets 16 mpg in town and 25 mpg on the road if I keep my foot out of it

MikeSp

Reply to
MikeSp
10MPG? I had a '70 SuperBee that did better. This can't be accurate.

I think the C is worth looking at. Is premium required?

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

I've got a '69 Coronet R/T that gets 10 in the city. That's not the problem. The problem is that it gets 12 on the highway, AC off, and driving like I have a raw egg between my foot and the gas pedal- which is no way to drive a SuperBee or an R/T :-)

Driving it like there's a cockroach to be stomped on the gas pedal is what makes owning it worth EVERY gallon.... :-)

FWIW, my wife's 3.5L v6 LH car which gets 28 highway only gets about 14 when she's been using it to take the kid to school and go to the store with literally NO highway driving, so I'm not too surprised that a 300C or Magnum would dip down to at least the 12-13 mpg range under that kind of usage. But who cares- under THAT kind of usage, you're driving so few miles that your overal fuel consumption is pretty minimal. People I've talked to say they get mid-upper 20s on the highway, which is great for cars of that size, and only a couple of MPG worse than a v6 LH car.

Mid-grade unleaded is recommended for the 5.7 Hemi, the 6.1 in the SRT models is the one that takes premium.

Reply to
Steve

Since I will be using it mostly on highways, I guess the mileage isn't too bad although, I can see me *punching* it every so often.

Midrange isn't bad. The price for gas has come down here in NJ to $2.41 in my area for regular; add five cents more for midrange and ten for premium.

I test drove the Chevy Impala SS (rocks being thrown) and it drove nice. They must have had regular in it as when I punched it, it started to ping.

The car was way too small but it was a fun test drive.

The Dodge and Chrysler offer so much more room so once again, I'll be staying with Chrysler.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

book says midgrade gas..

Reply to
sharkman

Thanks!

I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Reply to
NJ Vike

I LOVE MY 300C HEMI!!!!!!

Reply to
sharkman

I wish they would just offer plain white. I have a black M and while it's nice when clean and polished, it sure takes a lot of time to keep it that way.

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike