300M A/C overhaul -- AllData question

I bought the replacement receiver/drier and cooling and heater cores for our '02 300M quite a while back, thinking that our neighbor, who sometimes work for an auto-repair shop, would do the job for me, but he said it's not something he wants to tackle.

Does anybody have the AllData information for this job and can tell me what their rating is for the skill level needed for this job? (I realize I'll have to take it somewhere to get the system purged and recharged after I have everything back together.)

Is it worth signing up for AllDataDIY? I have the service manual in .pdf format, but it assumes more prior knowledge than I have; e.g., it refers to removing some bolts from inside the engine compartment, but it took a poor-quality picture in the Chilton manual to show me where these bolts are located -- hidden behind something else.

Does AllDataDIY give detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I have a complete '00 300m service manual on CD (well, technically, as a set of PDF files). It's on my computer at work, so I don't have it handy right now.

The various systems (engine, body, ignition, etc) are stored as separate PDF files.

I can upload the entire thing (or - just the specific file for heating / cooling) to a file-locker if you want it.

Just let me know (by replying here).

Reply to
MoPar Man

Is the information significantly different from what's in the LH-series

2002 Service Manual I have in pdf format? I'm guessing that what I have might be somewhat more "generic" (since it's not specifically for the 300M) even though it is more up to date.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Well, you tell me.

Here is a link to download the Heating and Air Conditioning section of the 300m service manual:

If the parts you are servicing are not part of that section of the manual, then tell me what section of the manual they are found in.

Reply to
MoPar Man