300M - Air Conditioner

The 1999 300M is not producing cool air today... suggestions and ideas most appreciated. thanks in advance. Ralph Griffith

Reply to
Ralph Griffith

The evaporator went out twice in my 2000 300M. Seems to be a common problem. The dash will have to come out for repair.

Reply to
Spock

Was wondering if this is better repaired by a dealer or by a ac shop?

Reply to
Art

That is very much dependent on the integrity and competence of the candidate dealer or a.c. shop. If good - either one. If bad - neither one.

Bill Putney

Reply to
philthy

Try this:

  1. Start the engine but do not move the vehicle.
  2. Set the Temp control to 75 degrees.
  3. Press and hold the Floor, Mix and Defrost buttons at the same time.
  4. The control head will begin to blink and enter a diagnostic mode.

Once the unit has gone through its diagnostics it will either return to its normal mode (with all air doors calibrated) or it will return one or more of 16 different error codes between 23 and 51.

Reply to
bstemper

Reply to
philthy